In 2019, we expanded our logistics expertise into trucking and ocean freight. Using our proven framework we worked with Hensall Global Logistics to update their Customer Quotes, Order Processing and Billing to an online web-based system.
The solution we jointly developed with Hensall closely followed their existing workflows, while improving performance and adding some key additional functionality. This approach allowed Hensall to easily train their team, and migrate to the new system.
The resulting program:
- Manages Customer Shipping Quotes for both Trucking and Ocean Container Freight
- Processed Customer Orders, and Integrations with the world's largest shipping companies
- Coordinates commodity contract fulfillment and logistics of commodity delivery.
- Integrates data from trucking and vessel tracking solutions into easy to read maps.
- Provides Real-Time Tracking, Reporting and Profitability Analysis
- Data Partners
- Ocean Carriers
- Vehicle Tracking
Ocean Containter Tracking
Using vessel data from IBM Trade Lens, and Spire Satellite, Hensall can track it's customer's ocean containers around the world. Using current vessel speed data allows them to know well in advance if there will be anticipated delivery delays.
Unlike 3rd party tracking solutions, these maps appear directly in their application and link directly to the original customer order and contract.
Integrated Trucking Tracking
Managing over 100 individual trucks fulfilling commodity contracts around Ontario is a complex task. Our program with the integrated mapping data allows dispatchers to view trucking data, find nearby trucks for pick-ups, and monitor wait times at delivery terminals.
Geofencing and Wait Time Analysis
Using truck GPS positions, and yard geofences, the program analyzes average wait times by yard and time of day to allow improved scheduling and driver efficiency.